Time flies when you are having fun, bao bao (baby in Chinese :)) Marc is already one week old, I won't claim to be Woody Allen's psychologist and to be able to fully analyze his personality already, but there are definitely a few interesting signs:
- he seems to be pretty quiet.
- when he gets mad is for a good reason (need food, needs a diaper change).
- he doesn't like to sit on a dirty diaper, but doesn't like to be changed either.
- he definitely doesn't like baths (at least the sponge baths he's been getting so far).
- once he falls asleep noises don't seem to bother him much.
The most interesting thing about having a newborn home is exactly this, to observe his behavior and reactions, the facial expressions, mood changes, etc.
The most stressful part is the amount of feedings and how unpredictable they are, sometimes he seems to be able to go through 4 or 5 hours without eating, while some other times 10 minutes after Lily is done feeding him, he's already asking for more...
One of the nicest things as a daddy is to witness the amazing bond existing between baby and mom, they almost always fall asleep at the same time late in the feedings, they seem to have similar dreams...