Monday, August 11, 2008


How about that? I finally broke 1:44:00 in the half marathon... and was able to sustain a better than 8 min/mile pace, not bad at all for an old dude like me :)
I really think the new wave start method they employed this year help me push it a little bit extra, it took forever for my group to get started and I wasn't able to see what the race time was when we actually started running, so at every check point my time looked "not so good"... when I finished the race time (measured from the time when the first runners started) was close to1:50:00... therefore I thought my actual time would be around 1:47:00, what a nice surprise when the official results were posted and I saw this wonderful 1:43:53...
I'm the 178th fastest half-marathoner among Chicagoans between 30 and 34 years old!!!!!!!

No comments: